Data Integrity

ebednezebednez Member Posts: 22
I am looking to set up control totals and or prove the integrity of my data. I am curios what others have done to prove there data integrity. I am mostly thinking of sales and customer data but there are other areas as well.

Ed

Comments

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Your question is a little vague but certainly theres all kinds of things that you could report on or flow fields that you could add to help highlight overall data integrity.

I would recommend that you carefully consider any key changes you make to any transactional tables, as the more keys there are the more work is required to write record in a table.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    righ...I almost forgot. There's a company called Precision Point that builds business intelligence tools. These could be used to build a data warehouse that would then allow you to reconcile sub ledgers to the GL. I've seen a demo of it and it seems to work quite well...but I'm not sure how expensive it is, and if you have a very simple requirement...it's probably overkill.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • ebednezebednez Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the responses, they do help.

I am looking to verify both consistancy and accuracy.

Initially I am verifying my inputs. We receive files which we batch import with sales info.

We will be receiving a file from each souce daily with a total count and total dollars for the day.

We plan to write routines that verify these numbers with what we have imported and prove our counts and also grand totals daily.

We also plan to write reports to prove our data is accurate but initially we need to prove it is all there.

We have customers, sales and we manufacture products, etc. I was looking for what others might do to prove their numbers and I appreciate the input.

Thanks,

Ed