Can a LOGO be generated in a Report

tejateja Member Posts: 78
Hi ,

'Can a LOGO be generated in a report.'

To generate a logo in a report. First I tried of using Image from a tool box, and from the porperties of that image, I set the path of that LOGO which is stored in '.bmp'. But it is showing an error that size of bmp file is greater. Then i thought of using 'BLOB' . But i was strucked becoz i do not know how to use blob and how to insert the path of logo in blob variable...But i found that using functions 'CREATEINSTREAM' and 'CREATEOUTSTREAM' , the data can be inserted and retrived from BLOB variable.. I do not have any idea how to use that functions.....
and also using that functions how to call that variable...

Please give Your suggestions...

Comments

• NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    For a sample of importing, exporting of BLOB , Look for the form ID 1, in the menu button captioned "picture". And for putting it in a report you should include CALCFIELDS for the BLOB field.
    Navision noob....
  • sendohsendoh Member Posts: 207
    just Create a image Control and set the path of your logo..but you have to save your bitmap as a 16 color bitmap or monochrome bitmap... and it would be fine :):)
    Sendoh
    be smart before being a clever.
  • tejateja Member Posts: 78
    Hi NaviDev,

As you Suggest me,I look for the FORM ID 1.. This from Source Table ID is 79. In this table, A field named Pictire with type BLOB is there. My Doubt is wihtout linking the path of that LOGO, how can a LOGO be displayed. I can't found the path LOGO is being displayed in the FORM ID 1.
    And another doubt, Suppose if i would like to display a new LOGO in report. Should i create a table first with the field named Picture of type BLOB.

PLease Suggest me.
  • tejateja Member Posts: 78
    hi sendoh,

i tried, As you suggest me.. But how can a LOGO be displayed Using BLOB.. I am trying For this...
    Please Suggest Me....
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    BLOB is used to store files in the database. you can import the file in the field and then by using Calcfield display the pic.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Put ImageBox on report.
    SourceExpr is CompanyInfo.Picture.

Calc picture on section, not dataitem.
    PageLoop, Header (1) - OnPreSection()
    CompanyInfo.get ; //you can retrieve record anywhere BEFORE next line
    CompanyInfo.CALCFIELDS(Picture) ;

If you need to display different logo, add new BLOB field in T:79 and modify F:1 to import new logo.
    In that case you need to modify SourceExpr and code:
    CompanyInfo.CALCFIELDS(NewFieldName)

Logo must be in bmp format!
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    teja wrote:
    1. My Doubt is wihtout linking the path of that LOGO, how can a LOGO be displayed.
    2. I can't found the path LOGO is being displayed in the FORM ID 1.
    3. And another doubt, Suppose if i would like to display a new LOGO in report. Should i create a table first with the field named Picture of type BLOB.

1. The image is stored in the table record. (inside the field, but what you can just see if you open that record is an "*").
    2. As answered in # 1.
    3. No, you can name your field anyway you want.

You can search this forum. There are already lot same posting same with this one.
    Navision noob....