Options

Address lookup in invoice form

Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
edited 2004-01-22 in Navision DOS
Hi

I have a navision install that is being used with an existing SQL application. The SQL application is transfering customer records and invoices into Navision rather than enter them by hand.
When I open an invoice the customer number shows fine but the address of the customer is not automatically populated. This only happens when you use the lookup button to lookup a customer number and change it. Does anyone know how to make this address lookup happen on demand e.g make it happen when the invoice form is opened.

Thanks

Debbie

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Hi,

What is happening is the Onvalidate trigger of the sell-to customer no. on the Sales header is not being executed, which means that when you bring in the information from SQL you have to run the onvalidate trigger on the Sales header of Sell-to customer no. field in order to populate all the address fields on the Sales invoice.

I would recommend that after you bring in all the customer records, you need to write a small routine to update the sales header which is as follows:

Declare a global variable SalesHead pointing to record Sales header

Then write a codeunit as follows

if Saleshead.find('-') then begin
    repeat
    saleshead.validate("sell-to customer no.");
    saleshead.modify;
    until saleshead.next = 0;
    end;

This should solve your problem.

Best regards
    Suresh.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Or, you change the program that gets the customer from the other application to do the validation, so there is no need to run further routines.