Adjust cost - item entries too long

nromainnromain Member Posts: 57
hello,

I have a problem with one of my customers. The process adjust cost - item entries is too long. They have Navision 4.00 SQL. In fact, the process is not long on a particular item but on all items; It seems that the process freeze at the end of the management of an item. It can freeze for more than 6 hours depending on items. It also freezes at the end of each adjust level.

In the database, there are 33000 entries to adjust. I have tried to run the process on approximately 5000, 2000 and 200 entries but it is still too long.

Can someone help?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Answers

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Optimize database and then run batch. Also you should optimize SQL server as well (RAID disks, logs on other disk subsystem...).
    I know, it is time consuming but you have to do it periodicaly.
    My suggestion is to setup inventory to adjust costs always and post to G/L manualy.
  • nromainnromain Member Posts: 57
    Thank you for your reply. i'm going to ask my customer about Server optimization.
  • nromainnromain Member Posts: 57
    For info, the problem cames from table 83 which was full of entries.
    After empty this table, the process run corrrectly.

best regards,
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    That's interesting. The adjust cost routine uses the item journal line, but it never inserts any records. They are temporary records. Did you find the code that was running using the actual journal table?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n