TRANSFERFIELDS function

tihomirjurtihomirjur Member Posts: 21
Hi,

I'm using this function to do following:
I have 2 tables with same field IDs and data types but destionation table doesnt have 1 field that the source table has (it's a field from primary key in source table). I read the help file about this function. It says the following:
"...If the InitPrimaryKeyFields parameter is set to false, the TRANSFERFIELDS function will not change the timestamp or the Primary Key fields of the destination record.
If the InitPrimaryKeyFields parameter is set to true, and the records are in the same table, the TRANSFERFIELDS function will change both the timestamp and the Primary Key fields of the destination record.
If the InitPrimaryKeyFields parameter is set to true, and the records are not in the same table, the TRANSFERFIELDS function will change the Primary Key fields of the destination record (if the fields fulfill the conditions specified above) but the timestamp of the destination record will not be changed."

The default value of the parameter InitPrimaryKeyFields is TRUE. My case is displayed in red.My question is: What is timestamp? WHat does it mean that it will change the Primary Key fields of the destination record (because for example posting from Sales Header to Sales Shipment Header uses Transferfields without optional parameter and it seems to me it doesnt change the Primary Key fields)?

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    The timestamp is an internal field that is used to control the version of the record.

Meaning : if you copy also the timestamp, the destination record will have the same version as the source record.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• tihomirjurtihomirjur Member Posts: 21
    Kriki, thanks for the timestamp explanation. Now i need answer to my other question!!:D
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    In case of transferring to Sales Shipment Header, key ("No.") is changed later in code.
    I never use InitPrimaryKeyFields...