create interact error - "Integer cannot be empty

NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
Hi,

I'm experiencing an error when trying to create an interact from the contact card. When trying to create the e-mail message, an error occurs and the error message "Integer cannot be empty" (the error message is translated from Norwegian, so in English it may differ slightly) is given. I ran a debug and the execution breaks in codeunit 396 - Mail. The break point is in the GetErrorCode function.

Still being somewhat of a rookie in NAV development, I'm not very proficient with automations but it seems to me that the error is related to the variable OSendMail (an automation type NS Outlook Synchronization Handler). The variable ErrorNo is an integer and the GetErrorCode function is called with this variable.

Are there any experts out there who could shed some light on this problem? What would cause the statement EXIT(OSendMail.ErrorStatus) to return a null value? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Cheers!

Answers

• NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
    Just adding a little info to what I said above. I have checked that the automation is installed. Next, I thought maybe this had something to do with the OLHandler.dll not being registered, but I checked this also and it is.
  • GulGul Member Posts: 2
    I've the same problem on the customer pc.
    On my own pc there is no problem.

Which outlook version do you use?
    I have the same olhandler.dll version on my pc and customer pc.
    But outlook has another sp number.

I didn't yet find out what the problem is.
  • GulGul Member Posts: 2
    And which navision version do you use?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that this is a NAV 4.00SP2 bug in OLHandler.DLL. try to use newer or older one.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    This problem relates to 4.0 SP2. The problem is exactly as Gul describes it. On my own PC it works fine, but not on the customer's PC. They've been using the create interact feature for quite a while, so everything has been working fine up until now; of course, now I learn that a third party has made some changes to their mail setup (why don't the customers ever tell you stuff like this right away :-k ). I'm still not sure exactly what changes were made, but maybe this triggered the bug that Kine is talking about.
    Replacing the OLHandler.dll with OLHandler.dll from 4.0 SP3 and then registering it worked! Problem solved! Thanks for the help! =D> =D> =D>
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am happy that you solved the problem. 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.