Problem with Concurrent Posting

readymixreadymix Member Posts: 6
Recently, my accounts department reported that there are purchase invoices is posted with no corresponding entries in the AP ledger, or the GL ledger for those invoices. It seems that whenever there are 2 persons were trying to post purchase invoices at the same time (different purchase invoices), this situation will occurs.

I had consulted my Navision Vendor and they gave a very unconvincing reply as follows;

"The reason why this happened was 2 users trying to post at the same time. This is more magnified as both were using citrix access, which sometimes slows down the process."

Kindly please share any similiar experiences with me, and any advices or opinions is greatly appreciated. Thanks. -JC

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It looks more like there is a customization that has COMMIT in it that prevented the role back of the transaction.

Even if the PO has 0 balance, you see a AP ledger, and one sided GL Transaction with zero amount.

I would turn on codecoverage post a PO. Look at the code coverage and click on showall. filter on *COMMIT*. The places where commit are should be all standard Navision objects. CodeUnit 90.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    are you using native database or MS SQL ?