Document No. in Gen. Journal Line

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I have set the Jorunal Batch Name with a series No. in the Document No. It is working fine but wiht the problem that when printing a cheque the Document No. gets the cheque No. Still for some strange reason the line is not being posted because it expects the next number in the series rather than the cheque no. itself. Can anyone suggest a possible solution to this problem?

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    sabzam wrote:
    Dear All,

I have set the Jorunal Batch Name with a series No. in the Document No. It is working fine but wiht the problem that when printing a cheque the Document No. gets the cheque No. Still for some strange reason the line is not being posted because it expects the next number in the series rather than the cheque no. itself. Can anyone suggest a possible solution to this problem?

You should not delete lines on Payment Journal. If you want some lines to to appear on the payment journal, you must go to vendor ledger entries and enter anything in collumn OnHold. Then run suggest vendor payments again. It will not show that line anymore.

Strange thing is that when you delete any lines, you are able to do almost everything except posting journal.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    sabzam wrote:
    the problem that when printing a cheque the Document No. gets the cheque No.

I'm not sure why this is a problem. You want the payment to have a check #.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Exact opposite of the bug in Indian localization where cheque number getting replaced with the document number and the cheque number getting lost after posting even in the Check Ledger Entry table.

Seems to be some modifiction in the customization or to less extent in localization.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Hi I'm afraid I haven't properly explained myself.

Whenever we have a bank journal entry and we print a cheque the document no. is changed to the cheque no. I have set a serial no in the Document No. in the Journal Batch. Apparently for some unkwon reason this is giving me problems since Naision is expecting thre document no. to be the next no. in the series whilst in reality it has been changed to the cheque no.

How can I solve this issue?
    It sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do.
    Maybe your better off explaining why is it an issue for you?
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Well in reality that's what it should do except for the fact that it is not posting.
    I think I see now - drill into the number series you are using and make sure "Default Nos." & "Manual Nos." are both checked.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    It sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do.
    Maybe your better off explaining why is it an issue for you?

Save for Country specific and custom requirement I as a accountant/auditor will be more comfortable seeing all the entries in a specific bank account with the same number series and in sequence.
    If cheque number replaces document number then the bank account will have atleast 2 type of number series i.e a) Cheque Number series b) Number series used for posting bank charges, bank transfer etc. where there is no cheque number.
    Further the series will be more complicated if using more than one cheque book which is quite common in India (Don't know about the rest of the world).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in