You cannot use .fdb because it is already in use

dareme76dareme76 Member Posts: 14
I just installed NAvision client and server on a Windows operating system server. When i came to log on the first network client all was fine, but i cannot log on more than one user.
The message i get is "You cannot use the file .fdb because it is already in use"

thanks

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    dareme76 wrote:
    I just installed NAvision client and server on a Windows operating system server. When i came to log on the first network client all was fine, but i cannot log on more than one user.
    The message i get is "You cannot use the file .fdb because it is already in use"

thanks

When trying to open database, delete the servername and paste the path of database into the Database Name field.

For example:
    delete local
    paste D:\mydb.fdb
    enter your credentials to log in
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from SQL General forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Thomas, I think you inverted the fields.

Sounds like you have the DB open in directly on the client instead of using the service.
    To open the DB through the server, you need to fill up the "server name", but you need to leave blank the "Database name"
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    kriki wrote:
    Thomas, I think you inverted the fields.

Sounds like you have the DB open in directly on the client instead of using the service.
    To open the DB through the server, you need to fill up the "server name", but you need to leave blank the "Database name"

probably you are right, just when it doesn't work in one way, the other way usually helps.
  • dareme76dareme76 Member Posts: 14
    Hi once again,

I would like to thank you all

Solved the issue, we weren't using the default navision port 2407 in the services file (C:\windows\drivers\etc). Our settings in the hosts file were correct.

It seems, to me that on the server side you can only use port 2410 for example once ports 2407, 2408, 2409 are used. Feel free to correct me.

Thanks once again from little Malta !
    You can also use other ports. Check this : http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=10
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• srijsrij Member Posts: 10
    Thanks this post help me to resolve my issue too
    I too was getting the same message, after delete ZUP file/ restart the POS server the connection managed to establish using the server /tcp session