What happen in the Synchronization process?

joycopl_mejoycopl_me Member Posts: 52
Dear All,

Our customer has two servers: one in 'A' and one in 'B' using the same Navision database. They used the synchronization function of MS SQL Server to synchronize and realtime synchronization mechanism setting between the two servers.

One database on server 'B' has problem, this value "1,115,380,198,354,950,040.00" at VAT Amount column which is out of decimal data-type in transaction No. 4995 in 'B' Database.

We already checked this transaction that came form 'A' server but in the 'A' database, that value is 0 (in 'B' DB that have value is "1,115,380,198,354,950,040.00").

We donot know what could be the possible problems in synchronization process. Could you please help?

Otherwise, every onother transactions is ok

Thanks, :)
Thang
Thang

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    :-#

sql synchronization of navision tables is not supported, and should never be done in production environment.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • tpriyantpriyan Member Posts: 32
    How can we synchronise using sql? Thanks in advance
  • joycopl_mejoycopl_me Member Posts: 52
    Using DTS in SQL Server. This is function of MS SQL server.

Thang
    Thang
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    ara3n wrote:
    :-#

sql synchronization of navision tables is not supported, and should never be done in production environment.

Yes, if you are not using some special add-on supporting that, never use MS SQL replications or something like that to transfer live data between two NAV DB's. You will have inconsistent DB's. The whole process is bypassing all Application logic including the SIFT technology.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • joycopl_mejoycopl_me Member Posts: 52
    Hi Kamil,

As you know, every transaction is ok for synchronize process.
    juts only one transaction was false and carried value like above.

for your solutions, can you more explain?

Thang
    Thang
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am talking about replication between two live DB's. Because you cannot transfer e.g. G/L entry from one DB to another one and back, because there will be conflicts in entry nos. etc. Without some application logic it is not working. Best example is Inventory, you have 10 pcs on Inventory, you will sell 6pcs in DB 1 and in same time 6pcs in DB 2. After synchronization, you are -2 pcs on Invenotry - can you see the potential problems?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.