Invoice vat entry problem from Purchase Journals

foolosofofoolosofo Member Posts: 73
Hi!!

I have a problem trying to post an Invoice in Purchase Journal with vat entries.

My Journal Line is like this:
Document Type: Invoice
Document No.: G03003
Account Type: G/L Account
Account No.: 410000001 (defined as Balance sheet and with no Gen. posting type and posting groups)
Credit Amount: 100
Bal. Account Type: G/L Account
Bal. Account No.: 626000001
Bal. Gen. Posting Type: Purchase
Bal. Gen. Bus. Posting Group.: NATIONAL (for national entries)
Bal. Gen. Prod. Posting Group.: SEVERAL (for several with VAT)
Bal. VAT Bus. Posting Group.: VENDOR (for vendors post entries)
Bal. VAT Prod. Posting Group.: VAT16

When I'm trying to post it, this message appears:
Check that all the entries with the same Document No. and a VAT Bus. Posting Group and VAT Prod. Posting group associated have a Customer/Vendor associated, check that all the lines with the same Document No. have not more than one Customer/Vendor associated, check that all the lines with same Document No. have in the field Document Type the same value: Invoice, Credit Memo or Finance Charge Memo

If I remove Bal. Gen. Posting Type and groups in journal line it works fine, but there's no vat entries in g/l account entries. (There's just 2 entries of 100 from one g/l account to another and I want 3 entries like an invoice Transaction No.)

In my company we decided to create all creditors as G/L Accounts (not vendor entries) so, I don't know if I can invoice to G/L Account according to this error message. I hope I can because there are all now created and it would be a hard task to change it.

I just want to

Thank you all.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    In my company we decided to create all creditors as G/L Accounts (not vendor entries) so, I don't know if I can invoice to G/L Account according to this error message. I hope I can because there are all now created and it would be a hard task to change it.

What is this..... :-k :-k :-k

Seems like somebody like primitive system of Chart of Accounts not Navision way.
    God knows what Navision bussiness logic defined for vendor accounts will do :mrgreen:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • foolosofofoolosofo Member Posts: 73
    Mmm... ...yes, you're right but it's the actual state and I need a solution. I know it's the best solution to create each creditor as Vendor but nowadays is what I have and I think the only solution is to do the transaction manually indicating each entry with no Bal. Account No. and taking care of VAT amounts and rest of Amount.

Thank you for your help.

See you =D>
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    If you are pushing them thorugh to the GL ike this you also have to manually process the VAT, pushing it to a VAT account, but this will not appear in the VAT tables unless you specify the VAT posting groups, not sure if you can do this in the process you are describing, so you will have to try it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen