default license issue

ashishaashisha Member Posts: 60
when i import customer license to sql option for C/side client the database opens successfully but when we close the navision and again open the database the license file changed to developer license. I don't know why this problem is coming. Can any one help me in this issue? i need help soon...

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    In SQL, you need to Upload the license (it is a button on the license window that doesn't exist for the Navision-DB) and not Import.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ashishaashisha Member Posts: 60
    I uploaded the correct license from the license window. But when i close the navision and again open the navision then the database is opened, but with the developer license (not with one that i have uploaded first)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you sysadmin role for your account? You need to have permissions on MASTER database on the server to be able to upload license to the server.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I have the permission for access the MASTER database in Sql Server. But again when i import the license form navision, the database opens successfully but when i close and again open that database from server, the database opens with different license file. I need to know how can i make my license as default license file for the server, so every time when some one opens the database, the correct license file should open.
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    ashisha wrote:
    I have the permission for access the MASTER database in Sql Server. But again when i import the license form navision, the database opens successfully but when i close and again open that database from server, the database opens with different license file. I need to know how can i make my license as default license file for the server, so every time when some one opens the database, the correct license file should open.

1. Upload license file to database.
    2. Close NAV.
    3. Delete license file from the NAV client folder (where it is installed).
    4. Open Navision.

Any luck?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Could it be that you imported the developers license in the DB and the new license on server-level?
    Check it with File=>Database=>Alter=>Tab integration=>"Save license in database". Try to put this to no.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

if is fixed now,
    thank you very much
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    ashisha wrote:
    if is fixed now,
    thank you very much

can you provide information in which way you've fixed it? just for future references ;-)
  • SujaSuja Member Posts: 46
    Ashisha..

Can you put for us how the issue is solved....am too experiencing the same issue