License Issue

ashishaashisha Member Posts: 60
Our Customer is facing a problem while accessing the Microsoft sql option for C/Side Client. When they open the database, with their license file the database opens perfectly but after closing and again opening the database it shows the error "Your program license does not permit more users to work simultaneously. Wait until another user has quit the program"
This issue was not coming with C/Side Navision database. We recently upgrade the database to sql server. Now this problem is coming with same license file. If some one can help me asap, it will be very helpful for us.
Thanks

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    when logging in check the sessions table Database > information >sessions tab

If you are connecting remotely you may have open sessions left open or geniunely have to many users logged in
  • ashishaashisha Member Posts: 60
    thanks for reply,
    can u tell me how to close these sessions
    Highlight the line and select delete
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Or other way is to restart the services of the SQL. This way all the users will be disconnected to the database.

Note : All user that is accessing the SQL will be disconnected.
    Navision noob....
    If you use the search there is some string about removing inactive sessions that be of help in this case
  • ashishaashisha Member Posts: 60
    I have restarted the server, still the same problem coming
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Sorry for the obvious question but are all sessions valid? Are the users listed in and working, if they are the message is doing exactly what it should
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And are you sure, that you are using correct license on the server and that the server is full version and not some limited version with limited concurent users? (MSDE etc.)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.