AUTO ARCHIVING ON CONTACt CARD

tejateja Member Posts: 78
HI everybody,

Is it possible to auto archive on contact card. If it possible can anyone give the detail functionality for this. I didnot understand the functionality how to follow..

Is there any codeunit for 'Contact card '. If There What is that codeunit..

Anyone Please help me in solving this task.. I cant find any clue To start even...

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What are you trying to archive from the contact card? The profile questions or?
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Or are you requesting the automatic email logging? (long shot :-k )
    Then, read: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20628&highlight=

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    this is a double post. He asked the same question here.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    The original thread shed no light

I think though he may want to see the archived Sales orders or quotes generated against this contact? can we think of anything else you would archive? Interactions are already shown possibly tasks or something similiar?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    ara3n wrote:
    this is a double post. He asked the same question here.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

I locked the other topic and I added the reply of ara3n to this topic:
    ara3n wrote:
    It doesn't make sense to archive contacts. How often does a contact change?

Rather suggest them to use ChangeLog. It's already standard functionality and will keep track of any changes the users makes to the table.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Actually, I got this reply from "teja":
    HI Waldo,
    Actually I am trying for this......
    A FORM 'Sales Order' from CRONUS Consisting of 'No. Of Archiviing' control. In The same FORM there exists an Function Menu button.In that if we click Archive Document, the number in the sales order form in "No. of Archived Versions" Control will be incresed. And also it saves all existing data in Sales Order Form....

"" The same functionality should be shown in Contact card... ""

When I Tried Using the code which exists in 'OnPush' trigger of 'Archive Document'. It shows an error that this record is not belongs to contact card it belongs to sales order... Then I found a link that it is linked to "Archive management" Codeunit.. The code in Archieve Management is al related to Sales...
    Then I started Search For ContactCard Related CodeUnit...I found Nothing.. Here I was blocked...
    I cant even find a clue.....

and answered:
    First of all: you should put the below info on the thread, not in pm. That way, many people can answer you.

Second, by just copying the code from the OnPush is definitally not going to do it. For archiving documents, dedicated tables were created to store the archived records. The same should be done for contacts, plus all related code that was written for archiving the documents.

Anyway, it's much more than what you thought it would be .

It seems not to make sense but hey, I don't know the back ground... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • tejateja Member Posts: 78
    thanks waldo,

its working...
    but, here i created a button and when is used that button the information is archieving...

The same archieving should be done, but when i press the Next button in the form.. so that by getting next record into the form the archievng should be done..... Here i have doubt, that where to write code whether in 'OnAfterGetRecord' Trigger or 'OnAfterGetCurrRecord'..
    please give me suggestion...
    When you do that, it's going to write records whenever you scroll over a record ... . I wouldn't do that.

Doesn't it make more sense to create a function that makes the archive ... and that the user has to click deliberately?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    I was just thinking ... you could do it OnModify, OnDelete and work with the xRec variable to see what has been changed, and to store your previous version of the record. Only when the record has been modified, these triggers are triggered. Also, it's on table level, which is a good thing.

I don't recommend doing it OnAfterGetRecord. First of all, that's on form level (try to avoid that), second, it's triggered too many times.

Actually, I still recommend only doing it when a user pushes the button: archive! :wink:

Eric Wauters
    My blog