Cash G/L Account with Credit balance

apsaps Member Posts: 63
Hi All,
I wanted to restrict the cash balance going negative.

In case we post the Payment entry with the amount more than the DEBIT balance in the Cash G/L Acc the CASH BOOK will show credit balance..

Please le me know any way out or we have to Customize it for CASH specific G/L acc..

Regards,
Amanpreet

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    There is a field for Reconcilliation Account on the account card and the balance for the account is calculated on the reconcilliation button on Journal Line. You can put some validation which blocks balance <0.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • apsaps Member Posts: 63
    Thanx for the reply Sandeepji,

What I wanted is the system should give a warning while creating the entry itself.
    It should not allow to post the transaction if the payment entry total amount is in excess of the available cash balance.

regds,
    Amanpreet
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Put Validation on Gen. Jnl Line Amount field and Account Code Field to check if the available balance in Cash Account is more than the transaction or not.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Depends on the requirement.

If you want to restrict a single account, you need to write a code with the specific account number which always matches the amount in the journal line with that of the calculated balance of that account card. (if that specific account is selected)

But this is not a recommended practice.

Instead, you can make a boolean over the G/L Account card as "Allow negative balance". And on the journal, the system always checks if the boolean on the specified a/c is "true", and if so, it always compares the journal amount with that of calculated G/L account balance.

This will provide a flexibility to allow/disallow negative postings to required accounts.

I hope this helps.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    code modification that will check negative balance must be prepared in the FinishCodeunit function of cu 11.. any other solution will never work in multi-user environment.

also, do not make change that allow users to decide whether she/he will accept negative balance.this kind of confirmation will lock the system...indeed, put a checkmark in the G/L account.so if the user wants to accept negative balance, he or she must go to g/l account card and remove "No negative balance" checkmark.