User Synchronization

bbcaibbcai Member Posts: 80
Is it possible for us to synchronize by single form instead of by user which will always lock other users in Nav4.0 SP2?

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Are you saying you wish for users to see changes you have done to a form without having to Synch them?

If so you just have to have the user/s close down navision and repoen to see the newly compiled object changes.

otherwise you will have to synch a single user at a time if thats what you are after
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    And to completely avoid the synchronization problem : install the 4.00SP3-client and use Standard Security Model.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    User Synchronization and having new versions of objects have nothing to do with each other.

The synch problem: indeed do what kriki said. (this is always recommended)
    The have the last versions of the objects: You could set the object cache to 0 for each client (but I do not recommend this - I have seen performance issues with this) or just let users reopen NAV as jannestig suggested.

Synchronizing the users won't load the new versions of objects to de client of the users... . It just synchs/sets the permissions.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Waldo wrote:
    The have the last versions of the objects: You could set the object cache to 0 for each client (but I do not recommend this - I have seen performance issues with this)
    I would even say : NEVER do it!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Yeah well ... sometimes ... in development or test stage of an implementation it's useful

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Waldo wrote:
    Yeah well ... sometimes ... in development or test stage of an implementation it's useful
    Well, I can live with this :D

But NEVER in a production-DB!!!!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion