Upgradation of Navision 5.0 From 4.0

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
Hi Friends

How to do the upgradation of Navision 4.0 to 5.0? Is it same like earlier upgradation of 3.7 to 4.0 or we have to take some extra steps.

In India navision 5.0 is not released. So, I donot have any idea. Looking for some suggestion

Comments

• NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
    It's basically a matter of merging customized objects in 4.0 with objects in 5.0. If you have a lot of customization done in the jobs/service granule, then you'll probably be forced to rewrite a lot of your code (because they changed jobs/service heavily in 5.0). Other than that, you shouldn't run into a lot of problems with upgrading to 5.0.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yes, it basicaly is the same. Download the upgrade toolkit for the country you are upgrading and follow the steps.

Good luck.
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    I come to know that in 5.0 code compiles in C++ .Does it affects the upgraded version ? Do we have to pay some attention at the time of upgradation ?
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    :shock:

Navision uses C/AL. What is under the hood is not important for the developer.

Technicaly 5.0 has the same technology as 1.x to 4.x.
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    Thanks Mark and Nagi for giving me important information.
  • DeviDevi Member Posts: 8
    Hi ,

I am from India ,i have A client in Nav 4 (without any hotfixes applied) and with around 30% cusomisations done
    We want now to upgrade that to Nav 5

Can anyone give the links for downloading the toolkiit for this and the required procedures/Documents

Its very very urgent ..
    Please

Thanks and Regards,
    Devi
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    if you have partnersource id : go to partner source-> downloads.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh