Options

NAV Integration to Notepad

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2009-08-18 in Download section
Make it easier to enter text in the comment line tables by opening an external text editor. In a text editor you are not limited by the record length of the comment line. The object is prepared to open the Notepad editor, but you can use any text editor that will return a text file. Refer to the information in the documentation part of the object to see the easy implementation of the object.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=914

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Is this just like Waldopad?
  • Options
    Anders_PahuusAnders_Pahuus Member Posts: 2
    I have not tried to download the Waldopad. As I read from the download information it's more or less the same. The Notepad integration does though not include DLL's. You will though have to inlcude 2 lines of code to call the function for each of the comment line tables. Furthermore the Notepad integration does not include any formatting of the text but it's an easy way to enter a lot of text and to view it for reading. From the Notepad you can also print it if needed.
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    Make it easier to enter text in the comment line tables by opening an external text editor. In a text editor you are not limited by the record length of the comment line. The object is prepared to open the Notepad editor, but you can use any text editor that will return a text file. Refer to the information in the documentation part of the object to see the easy implementation of the object.

Update:
    A more general call to the Notepad have been made by using ENVIRON. Thanks for putting that to my attention Preben Rasmussen.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=914

Discuss this download here.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    As I'm not mistaken, this is exact what the notepad of ToIncrease does. Did you copy it in some way? :wink:

The main difference with WaldoNavPad is that I provide an automation which can convert big amounts of texts to small peaces, and still keep the format more or less in the comment lines. After loading the text back into notepad, it keeps the same formatting (with formatting, I mean paragraphs :|). The Waldonavpad only cuts of text at the position of a space or a carriage return.
    Furthermore, you get a customizable notepad window (title, OK and Cancel button, readonly, ...), which gives you a more NAV Look&Feel.
    Anyway, it's all explained at the download :s.

This download is a nice way as well, mainly because it doesn't use automation.

Sorry if this may sound a bit protective :mrgreen:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Anders_PahuusAnders_Pahuus Member Posts: 2
    My integration to Notepad is not copied from anywhere. [-X
    As you mention it does not use automations, but at the same time it offers to present the text in the Notepad just as you originally entered it with paragrahs and everything. This though requires that you create a boolean carriage return field in the comment line. This is also explained in the documentation part of the object. In any case it will return text to the comment line with respect for spaces and carriage return.
    In my Navision solutions I also use a self made editor which is very much Navision like with OK and CANCEL buttons, but here I can offer that you make a small change to the object and use the text editor you like. :wink:
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    My integration to Notepad is not copied from anywhere. [-X
    :mrgreen:
    It just sounded really familiar. ... Integration with any kind of notepad ...
    Never mind, good job!

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    How can I configure this tool in sublines, i.e. sales line - discription?

Shall I use the SetFields() function?

Which parameters have to be used to select the discription field?

In sales line comment it works fine for me.
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)
  • Options
    RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    I've found the solution.

You have to use the following commands in your trigger:

locrecRef.GETTABLE(Rec);
    loccuNotepad.SetFields(50001,7,50002,50000);
    loccuNotepad.CommentLine(locrecRef);

SetFields(parintDateField : Integer;parintCommentField : Integer;parintUserField : Integer;parintReturnField : Integer)

The referring table has got the fields:

50001: Date field
    7: Field of discription
    50002: Code field
    50000: boolean
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Hi, any updates for RTC? love the way it is working in classic.

• Options
    Because I need a simple codeunit and no dll or external program I have spend some time testing and improving this download.

I have extended it too with a function to save text in to a blob field or add something else to a blob.

Examples are included. Import this codeunit and compile. That's all.

Ps.
    Maybe someone can help with some hints to make it work in 2013-2016 too. Only the copy of the text file to the client is needed and it will work.

Maybe the author can create a new download on mibuso. For now you can use below link:
    http://my.dvision.nl/default.aspx?Codeunit51000-IntegrationToNotePad.txt
  • Options
    Thanks for feedback. I have fixed 2 bugs and added a simple example:

How to edit comment lines in Comments form 124?
    > Create button
    > In push event
    > Create variable "Notepad" to this codeunit
    > Add code:
    Notepad.EditCommentLines(Rec);

Download is now available (version 2.1)
  • Options
    tameemabdullahtameemabdullah Member Posts: 17
    edited 2016-02-16
    is there an updated to this codeunit that can work with RTC. At the moment it is using ENVIRON and SHELL commands that do not work in RTC.