Modify Records Permission

toootooo Member Posts: 138
I'm getting this error when trying to export to ADEST in NAV 5.0, anyone any ideas, i'm pretty sure its to do with permissions??
You do not have permission to modify records in the Purch. Inv. Header table.

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    A customer license has no permissions to modify this table directly.
    You have to give indirect permission to the table and in the object that modifies that table, a permission to modify this table must be given (see property Permissions of the object.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• toootooo Member Posts: 138
    Could you explain a bit more, im only using the NAV about a month??
    1) in the object that changes the table: there is a property "Permissions" in it. In that property you have to add the table and add the Modify-permission to it. You need a developer-license for it. Most customer-licenses cannot do this.

2) Each user that needs to run the object, needs an extra permission : it needs a permission on the tabledata in which its modify-permission is Indirect or Yes. This permission you can add to the role that also has permission for the object that writes to the table.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

The user is a Super user so shouldn't they already have the right permissions?
    tooo wrote:
    Yes. But it is still necessary to add the permission in the object. Because a SUPER-user is still limited by the license.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

kriki wrote:
    tooo wrote:
    Yes. But it is still necessary to add the permission in the object. Because a SUPER-user is still limited by the license.
    Where would i look for this as i can't find where to add permissions for an object??
    tooo wrote:
    kriki wrote:
    tooo wrote:
    Where would i look for this as i can't find where to add permissions for an object??
    Open the object in design, open the properties of the object. One of the properties is "Permissions". Add the table in it with Modify-permission=Yes.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

Ok, i'll give that a go, thanks.
    Ended up that there was no permissions set to modify the table in the actual report.