Options

Navision Software for Sale.

rabrab Member Posts: 2
edited 2004-02-09 in Navision Financials
My Company currenty owns Navision Financials. It has never been installed and we are looking to sell the whole License. I am just putting out a feeler to see if anyone may be interested. It would be a great savings off what it would cost to buy new. If interested reply here or email me at richard@tube.com

Sincerly,
RAB

Comments

• Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

What you are proposing is not legal and a violation of your licence agreement :shock: . Anyone who buys the licence and tries to use it illegally will also end up in great difficulty.

If you wish to financially "re-claim" the expense of the licence, I suggest that you speak either to your Navision provider or Microsoft Business Solutions themselves.

Licences may be transfered from one legal entity to another, as we as a Navsion provider have had to do so when client's have been bought out, or split into separate companies, but it is difficult to arrange and is generally handled by a Navision provider.

I strongly suggest that you drop this idea.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Options
    AbittermanAbitterman Member Posts: 1
    Another Queston - Our Plan is to sell the Product with the Company. I have received the "papers" from our Navison Partner. Issue is that when we purchased this our Partner went out of Business; our implementation what dropped and we were in position where it would be to expensive to go forward. Microsoft has not even responded to us. We have left at Least "100" Messages but nobody is interested. My Understanding is that if we sell the product with the Company Name that purchased the product in the first place - Legally the BUYER would be fine.

Any Advice?
  • Options
    MuzzyDawgMuzzyDawg Member Posts: 31
    You should be fine, but don't try selling the product on the open market. This is definitely a violation of your agreement and I can assure you that the MBS police will come a knocking on your door.

Keep calling MBS...or simply go to your local Microsoft office.
  • Options
    Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    AFAIK you all have to consider that other countries have other customs.
    In my country a license is treated very similar to regular goods (like a car).
    With this you can sell your license to another company without any difficulties. Microsoft has to agree, due to our local law (even when they don't believe it sometimes and write different in their contracts).
    This doesn't bother the copyright. You have to sell it complete, delete all backups and you are not allowed to use the software further.

So why treating a software different than any other goods (I know the decisions must be done by other levels than me).
  • Options
    MuzzyDawgMuzzyDawg Member Posts: 31
    Yes, Christian...why don't we just forward this off to your local Microsoft rep and see what they say. Better yet, why not send it off to the Canadian rep.

RAB, I wouldn't play in the fire...you might just get burned :shock:
  • Options
    waynewilwaynewil Member Posts: 41
    Actually, I would like to sell the entire country of Canada.

Does anyone have a problem with that? :D

waynewil