ls retail replication

gnanendragnanendra Member Posts: 33
hello sir,

In store i have one STORE database and each POS has its local databases and by using transaction server we send transactions data from POS to store DB.
How to replicate the data from store database to pos local databases. Like if i send data from HO to STORE then how to update the same data in pos database automatically without replicating once again from store db to pos db.

Thanks & regards,
Gnanendra

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) It is done by Nav or by MS SQL?
    2) If by MS SQL, you can use "Transactional replication with updatable subscriptions" or "Merge Replication". In these two data are transfered beween Publisher and Subscriber in both directions. - but I am talking about pure MS SQL, not NAV db on MS SQL!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • TomWTomW Member Posts: 6
    What versions are you using?

POS can be set as sublocations of Stores in HO.

It's hard to be specific without more information though!
  • gnanendragnanendra Member Posts: 33
    Hi Mr.Kine & Mr.TomW

1. We are using Navision Native database 4.0 sp3 ls-retail 5.0
    2.As u(TomW) said that POS can be set as sublocations of Stores in HO. In this case i need to create nav db server on each POS system, is it correct.
    3.As u(TomW) said that POS can be set as sublocations of Stores in HO.
    i can send data directly from ho to store and coresponding POS db but if there is some changes in store db then how to replicate from store db to coresponding POS's. Is there any setting to replicate automatically from Store db to POS db
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    You have to do this through code.
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Setup data director in every pos terminal (waiting for data that will be sent by your store db). In your store db setup also data director(s) that will send the data to all the POS (i suggest you to use different DD for every 5 - 8 terminals). Then setup a scheduler that will replicate for all of the pos terminal.
    Navision noob....
    You only need a DD per store, not per POS. But yes, the POS would be set up as servers.

What changes are you planning on making at a store level which would need to go to the tills?
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    TomW wrote:
    You only need a DD per store, not per POS. But yes, the POS would be set up as servers.

What changes are you planning on making at a store level which would need to go to the tills?

The purpose of having a setup of multiple DD in the server is to make the replication faster. Imagine when you have 15 POS terminals, and you setup 3 DD that is reading to your store database, and replicate it to every 5 POS terminal per DD. Isnt it that this way the replication will be faster? :D .

And the purpose of having a DD in the POS is also to make the replication faster. The DD in the server wont wait anymore till the writing in the database per POS will be finished. In this way the DD in the server would only have the responsibility of passing the file to the DD in the POS and after passing, it will go to next terminal.
    Navision noob....
    It really depends on the customer's needs. There is no right or wrong answer for this. However in my experience I haven't seen the need for a DD at every POS.