Financial Issues

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hi,

Can any one help me to find out solution for me for the following issues?

1. Before you post you cannot see your data entry in the statement of account

2.The system can do any kind of report like financial statement or income statement or cash flow?

3.How the system can do the consolidated company ?

4.Is it possible that Credit Card commission automatically calculated by system.

5. Modifying or assigning a dimension after posting is not available (since dimension is not modifying the original financial entry system should allow to assign a new dimension or modify an existing dimension after posting)

Thanks in advance for the support.

regards

Sajid

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Before you post you cannot see your data entry in the statement of account

Against the rule of accounting. The statement of account should be updated only on posting. Anyway you can create a flowfield on the account card for balances in the Gen. Journal Line.
    2.The system can do any kind of report like financial statement or income statement or cash flow?
    Any kind is a very wide statement and might be impossible but all the normal financial statements preapred by the companies can be configured in Accounts Schedule.
    3.How the system can do the consolidated company ?
    Navision provides the functionality for Consolidation of Companies Financial statements.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    4.Is it possible that Credit Card commission automatically calculated by system.

Can be calculated through Structures (Tax/Charge groups).
    5. Modifying or assigning a dimension after posting is not available (since dimension is not modifying the original financial entry system should allow to assign a new dimension or modify an existing dimension after posting)

Default NAV doesnt allows the posted dimension values to be changed. The entries can be reversed and then can be posted with correct dimension.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • MbadMbad Member Posts: 344

As stated above its not a feature, but i dont see a problem making it so. After all dimensions are only a way to look at the entries. Will need to get your MSC to implement the code used on f.ex. table 356 to update the g/l entries if you change the global dims.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    A report or codeunit or whatever can always be created to update dimensions... O:)
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    As stated above its not a feature, but i dont see a problem making it so. After all dimensions are only a way to look at the entries. Will need to get your MSC to implement the code used on f.ex. table 356 to update the g/l entries if you change the global dims.

Modifications to the posted data should not be done else you lose the sanity/reliability of the system. Standard Navision only updates the dimension value in the table according to the global dimension defined in the GL setup. It never updates/modify records in the posted document dimension and ledger entry dimension table.

Think if we are using employee dimension for tracking employee expenses and advances and somebody modifies the dimensin values :-k :-k
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi,

Can any one help me to find out solution for me for the following issues?

1. Before you post you cannot see your data entry in the statement of account

Sajid

If you set the account to reconciliation and are on a journal you san select posting and reconcile to see the affect on the accounts.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Thank you Singla but you said
    Navision provides the functionality for Consolidation of Companies Financial statements.

But How ? My question is How we can do it?

regards
    sajid
    For consolidation the brief steps:

1)For consolidation you need to create a new company which will hold all the consolidation trial balances.

2)On the G/L account card there are fields for consolidated Debit and Credit accounts which represents the accounts of the holding company created in step 1.

3) Define all the copmanies to be consolidated in Financial Management - General Ledger - Periodic Activities - Consolidation - Bussiness Unit

4) From the companies to be consolidated go to option Financial Management - General Ledger - Periodic Activities - Consolidation - Export Consolidation. Export and create the files in a folder.

5) In the holding company go to bussiness unit and import the consolidated file and GL entry is updated. The field Bussiness Unit is also updated in the GL entry which can be used in Analysis by Dimension.

6) The mapping of dimension also needs to be done in the dimension setup like we have done in G/L Account.
    CA Sandeep Singla