Assign Amount in General Journal to different dimensions

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hi,

Can any one give idea how we can assign single amount to multiple dimension in General Journal.

Regards

Sajid

Comments

• sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Hi,

I would rather elobrate more that any one can give idea how to assign single entry amount to different dimension values for example I have made an entry for the rent paid 10000 and I want to assing to different dimensions value ( different branches) of a global dimension (Locations).

I hope I made it clear to understand. I appreciate quick responses.

regard

Sajid
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You need to use recurring journal and use allocation.

Financial Management...General Ledger...Periodic Activity...Recurring journal.
    Enter the GL accont , amount.....Line ..Allocation
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    HI ara,

Thank you for your reply but what you are telling me is the recurring journal which we used to allocate amount if we need to do the same every month but still yo ucan not allocate the amount to one global dimension with different dimension values.
    As I said in my example my global Dimension is Branches and under this global dimension we have different Dimension values. Like Jeddah, Riyadh, Dammam as different cities.

Hope it is clear.
  • KonradKonrad Member Posts: 30
    You can split the amount between the locations using allocations in Recurring General Journal. Assigning many values of the same dimension to the whole amount is not possible.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There is no mechanism to split a single amount to multiple dimensions on a journal. You have to create 3 separate lines.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • KonradKonrad Member Posts: 30
    ara3n wrote:
    You have to create 3 separate lines.

That's what I meant.