Options

Rename file after dataport

r_schuelerr_schueler Member Posts: 28
edited 2000-01-14 in Navision Financials
Hi there,

I'm a NF novice, so probably this question is very easy to answer for you. Please don't flame me.
I use Navision Financials 2.01 on Windows NT.

I want my dataport to rename the imported file automatically after a successfull import. I tried to use a "file.rename" command in the OnPostDataport trigger. But it seems that the ASCII file is still opened by the dataport at this time, because I only get an errormessage
(File is still opened by an other application).

Then I tried to run the dataport from a codeunit and renamin' after the dataport.run call. Here the problem is, that I'm not able to find out if the dataport was completed successfully or not, because the dataport.run command only returns VOID.

Does anybody know a workaround or a diffrent way to solve the problem ?

Thanx in advance ...

Rainer

Comments

• Options
    UrmasUrmas Member Posts: 76
    Is at a "any" dataport or do you want to use certain one. In later case you coukd create a variable of type dataport and add a function to dataport what should return the state of the dataport (how it finished). Then you can call the dataport from the codeunit and determine by the result of the above function, how it has completed its task.

Urmas Pill
  • Options
    r_schuelerr_schueler Member Posts: 28
    Thanks for your reply. It is only for a certain dataport.
    I will try this. Do think using "CurFile.Close" before
    renaming it within the dataport will solve the problem as well?

Bye,
    Rainer
  • Options
    SimonWSimonW Member Posts: 77
    How about calling the dataport from a codeunit and then if the import is successful, renaming the file in the codeunit?