Qty. to invoice / Qty to receive default zero ?

dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
Hi,

Is there a setting in NAV 4.0 sp3 BE that you can set so the the Qty to invoice will not be filled in automatically on a purchase order, and when you make the Warehouse Receipt, that the Qty to receive are also not filled in automatically ?

I know that you can set the Qty to receive on a warehouse receipt to zero via Functions and fill them in again also. But default they seem to be filled in ?

I guess that I could change some code, but is it "problem same" to change some code so this is not automatically filled in ? But ofcourse they need to fill it in manually or have a function to fill them all in (calculated). This is because a lot of there goods arrive in pieces and also the invoices are split so they constantly need to erase and enter those qty fields. Else the possibility that someone justs recieves the goods or posts an invoice without checking if the quantity is correct is a problem !!

Hope you can give me some feedback what would be the best sollution for this ?

Thanks
Danny

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You have to modify the code. There should be a setting to do that.
    I've even suggested it to MS.
    The response I got is that it goes against Navision principle that once you start putting a flag for this, a flag for that, Navision will turn into SAP.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n