Warehouse Entries Missing

MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
I am having a weird problem that might have been discussed before but I cant find it on searches. Maybe Im using the wrong keywords.

Background: Nav 5 Clients running on SQL 2005 but with Nav 3.60a code base (we just moved from Nav 3.6 to 5 on SQL but only an executables upgrade in Navision).

Problem Background: I have a process which makes and then posts warehouse Journals. This makes negative adjustments mostly, but sometimes positive. I Validate in this order:
"Journal Template Name"
"Journal Batch Name"
"Location Code"
"Line No."
"Posting Date"
"Whse. Document Type" (::Shipment mostly)
"Item No."
Quantity
"From Zone Code" (TO when positive - rare)
"From Bin Code" (TO when positive - rare)
"Entry Type"
"User ID"
INSERT(TRUE)

Standard Behaviour: When I post a journal myself or when I use the above code to make a journal before feeding it into Codeunit "Whse. Jnl.-Register" then the usual response is two entries are made in warehouse entry. One line removing my stock and one line in the "Adjustment bin" for that location.

PROBLEM: However on some rare occasions only the adjustment bin entry is made, without the actual entry I want. How can a warehouse journal line post, make the adjustment bin entry but then not make the main warehouse entry. Also NO error message occours.

The issue is not dependant on whether I am making positive or negative entries.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    that is an odd problem, probably hard to solve, because you can't replicate it.

Two things I would look at.

See if COMMIT is anywhere in the code. Turn on codecoverage and filter on COMMIT.

second are you clearing your Whse. Jnl.-Register Variable before posting?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    I am having a similar problem, but in reverse. the Adjust entry is the missing entry. the only way to replicate it is with a clean location.

I set up the new location. the first transaction I post into the location is using the "whse. item journal" for a positive quantity. It posts successfully, except that I only see 1 whse entry, instead of 2 (the Adjust entry is the missing entry).

every journal entry using whse. item journal thereafter has two whse entries as expected.

I can repeat this behavior both in 3.7 and 5.0.
  • vijay4398vijay4398 Member Posts: 35
    Hi Guys,

I have got the same problem...Has anubody found the possible reason or solution

Many Thanks,
    Vijay