Permissions

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
HI Everybody,

I need use the changecompany functionality but the user may not have permissions to read/write from a particular table. Could anyone suggest whether I can temporary give certain permissions to the user or whether i can temporary change the user for administrator whilst the change company and the related actions are being perforemed?

Regards,

Stephen

Comments

• diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    To me it seems a bit difficult to provide a user the rights of the administrator for some time to execute some actions in some another company and then revert back the user with the original role. :-k

Looking for some possibility..will let this forum know if I find something interesting
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    It doesn't need to be another user. I just want the user to temporarily gain permissions for a particular table until the transfer of data through changecompany is ready.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You should give the user Indirect access and add to your CU the permission, that way they don't have direct access to the table in the other company.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • elmaelma Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

you should try to add additional role with permissions to those tables, but NOT limited to any company.

That user can have e.g. SUPER (DATA) role limited to company 'ABCD', and additional role e.g. CCV that can access Customer, Contact, Vendor, but not limited to any company...

That user can not access main menu for another companies, just for 'ABCD', but procedure (e.g. some codeunit) that need to do some changecompany transactions, can get that access (because of the role CCV).

I hope this idea can help,

regards,
    Elma
  • Demonic240Demonic240 Member Posts: 65
    I believe I am having a similar problem. I need to give a user permissions to read a table through a form, but when I try to add the permissions to the form properties it still says they do not have permission to read that table.
  • elmaelma Member Posts: 12
    I think we have solved our problem.

I added the new role for that user, called e.g. CCVI, and put permissions to read/modify... tabledata for contact, customer, vendor, item.
    So my user e.g. USER12 has roles: SUPER (DATA) limited to company e.g. Cronus12, and role ALL limited to the same company e.g. Cronus12, but also role CCVI, with NO limits to company filter.

Try something like this. You do not need to put perimissions on forms.

So, add perimission to USER ID (Tools/Security/Database logins...).

As I know, if you put restriction to just one (or couple) companies, that user ID can not get access to tabledata in another company, using perimissions on object. So try this solution with additional role (as explained)...

Regards,
    Elma