Stockout Warning

Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
I have a problem with a client where stockout warning has stopped working.

When they try to put an item on a sales document where the qty at the location is not sufficiant it should warn using the standard Navsion stockout warning.

I have checked that the stockout warning is ticked in sales and receivables setup.

Has anyone seen this before or got any thoughts.

Thanks

Debs

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't think it would just magically stop working. What modifications have you made to the system recently?
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    also, doesn't it take into consideration product on PO or in-transit? If you go to company information you can define the period to Check Available Period Calc.. For example, 30D on this field will mean Nav will consider stuff to be delivered within 30 days as being available.

you can check to make sure this didn't get blown out to something extreme like 3 months, so the system keeps seeing future goods as available.
    kind of fell into this...
  • Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for the Replies.

There have been no development mods that I know of. I am the developer on the project and I haven't been asked to do anything do for a while and they rang me to say it stopped working since the last time we spoke! I did wonder if they had installed some fobs into their live system from test that overwrote something but nothing i've done previously should cause that.

The fact that it takes into account incoming goods is interesting though. I do know that they spoke about 'available to promise' with an external consultant recently so perhaps some 'non development' settings were changed for this. I'll investigate this. Thanks!
  • QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    Hi,

if I have understood correctly, go to the Sales-setup and look at the field Stockout warning.

Michael
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    The Check-Avail. Period Calc. and Check-Avail. Time Bucket fields in Company Information are used to calculate the Earliest Availability Date which is shown as a field on the Check Availability (Stockout) form, although I don't think they would prevent the stockout from showing.

Reservation may have a bearing... ..check the Reserved Qty. on Inventory for the item(s) in question.

Also, Drop Shipments do not trigger stockout warnings.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    I hvae looked up in the documentation, there is not much noticed: the warning is based on all posted item ledger entries and not-posted sales-order lines.