Disable copy-paste random table to Excel?

NicevDKNicevDK Member Posts: 3
First post! - used Mibuso a lot over the past years, but finally created a user. Grats to me! :)

Well, my problem is, I would like to disable copy-pasting from a table in Navision to Excel. Is there anyway to do this?

I've searched the forum about this, but all threads are about howto export, but not howto "not export". If this even is possible??

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Set Focusable=No.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Ctrl-C is a Windows function, not a Navision one. If the user is running the table directly, using Object Designer, you cannot prevent Ctrl-C.
    If the user is copying from a listform, you could try to create a hidden menuitem, with the shortcut Ctrl-C assigned to it. This way, Ctrl-C from your form is executed instead of the Windows one, when the user presses this key-combination.
    But then I presume the user can still use the mouse/menu to select & copy all records to the clipboard.

Maybe there exists a little program that intercepts Ctrl-C? This can be started from Navision in Codeunit 1, after a user has logged in. But then this little program needs to be installed/copied to the client.

To conclude: Don't spend too much time to prevent Copy & Past from Dynamics NAV. People will find backdoors.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    People will find backdoors.

print screen
    cell phone camera
    etc.

If someone wants to steal data it will be almost impossible to stop them.
    If there are people you don't trust, you can always get rid of them.

IMHO
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    We used the DLL downloaded from this site which is able to clear the clipboard. I used timer and called that function each xxx ms on the form, when I needed to prevent user to copy things. Of course it has side-effects (you are loosing clipboard when the form is running but the focus is somewhere else etc.).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.