Only one service installed via Business Notification Manager

GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
Hi all!

Has anyone solved this problem?

The service "Notification Service Deployment Manager" is installed but the other service "NB$BusinessNotificationInstance" is missing!!! Why I do not know! After trouble shooting for days now, me and my co-worker are about to give up.

It is propably due to this missing service that we are never able to start the newly created scheme in the Business Notification Manager.

We have install all prerequisitions on a Windows 2003 Server. The Navision database server are installed on the same server, while both SQL and e-mail server are on other servers. Everything seems to communicating as normal and there are no unknown messages in the event viewer. That is until after the setup of the Business Notification Manager.

We have tried to install/setup the Business Notification Manager on both a XP client and a virtual XP client but never gotten so far as the most succefully installation on the Windows 2003 Server. It is only on that server and only fresh from start (never after uninstall and re-installation) that it will work for us.

All other parts are working fine and the message work flow is working all the way. That is we are able to send notifications from Navision and both the Isolated Storage folder and the SQL Message Store table are being populated.

Our conclusion is that the missing service are either not copied from the installation source, maybe due to file corruption (even though we never recieve any error messages about that) or the sevice is depended on more than the first service!

Anyone?