Difference Running Code NAS vs CLient

gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
Hi all

Using XYZ clients License when i run my customised codeunit(50099)
CustomerLedgerEntry.MODIFY
throws an error message saying you dont have permission to modify customer ledger entry.

But when i run the Same Code using NAS it executes without any issues

IS the Permission Policy the same for running the code in NAS and running the code in CLient

Thanks
Regards,

GD

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Check the NAS folder for fin.flf and check if it is not 004 license (developer license)
    2) if there is fin.flf in NAS folder, delete it and restart the NAS service.
    3) Try it again
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    how to debug code running in NAS? :-k
    Regards,

GD
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you start nas from command prompt with debugmode paramater.
    It's in the pdf documentations. in installation CD.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    The Command Line doesnt show all the Messages.Can i get more info from Command Line mode of NAS?
    Regards,

GD
    kine wrote:
    1) Check the NAS folder for fin.flf and check if it is not 004 license (developer license)
    2) if there is fin.flf in NAS folder, delete it and restart the NAS service.
    3) Try it again

My question is when we upload the License In the NAV SQL DB using the NAV SQL Client and Start NAS Does NAS Execute the Code using the Permissions from the License Uploaded in the NAV SQL DB.

OR

Does it Read it from the developer license file(named fin.flf always)placed in the NAS Folder?

AND

IS NAS granule sufficient to run all the Code in NAS or do we need permissions associated with that code to be on the License?

#-o
    Regards,

GD
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    A]NAS License:
    1) fin.flf in NAS folder
    2) If fin.flf in NAS folder doesn't exists, use license from server

(because there is no "change" button you can use to overload default license in NAS, you can overload the license though fin.flf file in NAS folder when starting NAS).

B] NAS is nothing more than NAV Client without GUI. Licensing and permissions are same like with client. It means that access to all code, data, objects are driven by License permissions and User permissions.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.