Primary Contact No

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi All,
I am a new-bee to Navision.I am trying to learn Navision.Even I don’t have any document how to connect primary contact No to customer.
I read F1 , I got confused to understand.
I could not add Primary Contact No in customer Card
I created a contact in contact card with type Person
After that I am not understanding how to connect this to particular customer.
. So Could u explain How to Add primary contact No to particular customer .
Could u explain Step- By step to solve this issue. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I would be very thankful if I could get as many suggestions.

Thanks and regards
lally

Answers

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You first have to assign the Contact card of type Person to a Contact Card of type Company. Normally, the customer record will also have a Contact record, of type Company.

When you link the Contact Card of type Person to the Contact Card of the customer (type Company) using the field Company No., you can select this Contact as Primary Contact No. on the Customer Card.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thanks Luc Van Dyck,

I am very Sorry becauseI could not understand that process what u explained.

I created One Company with No 12 and Type = company.
    I created One Person with No 13 and type = Person

Now I want to connect this No =13 to No= 12 as primary contact No.
    Could explain how to assign & Link the Contact card of type Person to a Contact Card of type . This one I am not understanding.

I am expecting cool explanation from u.

Thanks and regards
    lally
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    On the Contact card with No. 13, fill in the field Company No. with 12.

If there isn't already a Customer card created for Contact No. 12, then execute Contact Card -> Functions -> Create as Customer.
    If there is already a Customer card created for Contact No. 12, but this isn't linked with the Contact Card 12, then execute Contact Card -> Functions -> Link with existing Customer.

Now you can select the Primary Contact No. on the Customer card.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Thanks Luc Van Dyck,

I got solution from u r vaulable steps.

If u dont could u tell how to fill the information in the subfrom of contact card. that means customer profile.
    That is Question , answer,........... In subform.

Could throw this help also for this fresher.

Thanks and regards
    lally
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Look in the help in "relatioship management" for Profile.

In the marketing setup there is option of profile where you define the question and answers. It can be set to automatic classification and based on the customer/vendor and contact type it will automatially fill the subform.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Thanks SSingla,

Even I read through F1 I could not understand Marketing Folder in Sales & Marketing.
    I need to know about the Contact card functionality & Logged Segments
    In SET UP - Marketing Setup, Business Relations, Industry Groups, Web Sources
    Interaction - Groups, Salutations, Templates and To-do , Organizational Profile. I would like to know above all functionalities. Through F1 . I am not able to understand this functionality.
    I need some manulas regarding above functionalities. How to get this manuals. Does MicroSoft have this manuals.
    Throw some suggestions.

Thanks and regards
    lally
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

You can get the manuals from Microsoft, they follow the training courses, which as you get to ask questions you maybe better served going on, if there are any available to you.

Have a look on partnersource, you can download the manuals there (depending upon your support package I think)
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Hi experts,

Thanks to Luc, Ssingla , Adam roue.

thanks and regards
    lally
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    Please note the use of "[SOLVED by Username]" in the Topic Title is not encouraged.

See this topic Include name of that expert with solved