Problem opening Navision with a URL

JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
I'm trying to open Navision (v5) using a couple of URLs like this one:

[url=navision://client/run?servername=DINGO%26database=TC1%20DATA%26company=Test%20Company1%26target=Form%2080000%26view=SORTING(Field1,Field3]navision://client/run?servername=DINGO% ... ld1,Field3[/url])%26servertype=MSSQL

The other URL is similar except that the company name has changed. The idea is to have links to open the smae form in different companies (for the time being, let's not go into why I want to do this). The URLs themselves were created by creating a link to the desktop from Navision.

Individually, they work OK except for the following problems:

(1) They want a database login whereas I want them to use a Windows login (so the user doesn't have to re-enter a password each time the link is used).
(2) It opens a new instance of the client each time. Even if I add the forcenewinstance=no parameter to the links (which is supposed to be the default state) it still wants to open a new client.

Has anyone got any ideas? I've checked the registry setting for finhlink as described in other threads and it seems OK.

Cheers
John

Comments

• ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Try to test this out by removing some parameters from the url. One of them is making a new client to start. I think target and form are enough.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Which login type will be used is decided on FIN.ZUP file (default zup file). If there is written that your last login was through windows authentication, it will use windows authentication.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Manu_G.Manu_G. Member Posts: 4
    JohnP wrote:
    I'm trying to open Navision (v5) using a couple of URLs like this one:

[url=navision://client/run?servername=DINGO%26database=TC1%20DATA%26company=Test%20Company1%26target=Form%2080000%26view=SORTING(Field1,Field3]navision://client/run?servername=DINGO% ... ld1,Field3[/url])%26servertype=MSSQL

The other URL is similar except that the company name has changed. The idea is to have links to open the smae form in different companies (for the time being, let's not go into why I want to do this). The URLs themselves were created by creating a link to the desktop from Navision.

Individually, they work OK except for the following problems:

(1) They want a database login whereas I want them to use a Windows login (so the user doesn't have to re-enter a password each time the link is used).
    (2) It opens a new instance of the client each time. Even if I add the forcenewinstance=no parameter to the links (which is supposed to be the default state) it still wants to open a new client.

Has anyone got any ideas? I've checked the registry setting for finhlink as described in other threads and it seems OK.

Cheers
    John

Hí everybody

Try this if you are using windows XP PROFESIONAL SERVICE PACK 2 and other Windiwos versions with navision 3.70 or hiher:

Run regedit and find the key:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open\command]

Remove the double backslash so that there is only single backslash in the
    path to finhlink.exe

Desktop shortcuts and email links should work again. If you use group policies you could then roll this change out to all machines. Otherwise just create a .reg file that people load into their machines.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision]
    "URL Protocol"=""
    @="URL:Navision Protocol"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe "%1""

after the change

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision]
    "URL Protocol"=""
    @="URL:Navision Protocol"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\finhlink.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\finhlink.exe "%1""

regards