LS RETAIL demo replication on one laptop

nervenerve Member Posts: 13
HI everyone..

im giving a demo to one of a client on ls retail..

I need to show the actual replication procedure to them..instead of showing it on two different pcs , i need to actually show it on one laptop using two clients..means: i want to make one server as headoofice and the other as store and pos.. using pos i wan tto show the sales being done on one client ...and then replicating this sale to the headoffice....

can anyone please help me out with this??? i woudl realy appreciate if anyone can write down all the steps needed to make this setup..

would really appreciate.. its really urgent !!!!

:-)

Thanks..

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Writing all the steps is going to be very long.
    I'm sure LS Retail would have a demo script that you can follow.

I would suggest using one sql and one native server. It will make the setup easier.

The only difference between two computers and one computer will be the setting the Distribution location to point to one computer. Since one will be sql and one will be native, you won't have to message with services file and install two native service on one computer
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • nervenerve Member Posts: 13
    thanks mate... have less tiem so cnat experiment with the sql ... mmm if u know any standard procedre ls retail have , do lemme know ..

thanks a million
  • bobnavisionbobnavision Member Posts: 159
    I am not very sure but I think you do not need to replicate the sale. I think you may do this by having 2 users one for the store and one for the headoffice. Retail is controlled by the retail user set up.
  • nervenerve Member Posts: 13
    thx...but actually client wants to see the replication process....instead of setting up two pcs i was wondering if i can show him by setting up two servers on on one laptop....
  • its_rksits_rks Member Posts: 21
    Buddy,

You can also show then one company as HO & onother as Store in the Same Database.
  • martinvandenhurkmartinvandenhurk Member Posts: 1
    When you are looking for a NAV based solution for retailers, consider RETAILIUM.

Last year, we realized dozens of projects with this NAV certified Add-On.
    Soon, we will launch a 'Entrepreneur' version. mailto m.hurk@retailium.com for more information.
    Martin van den Hurk
  • IdlenessIdleness Member Posts: 46
    If you want two servers on one laptop use virtual pc or virtual server. Config is very straight forward and save them at different points for easy reinstall.
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Huh...lost of sugesstions....one from my side....

In the laptop that you want to show follow this steps.

1. Install 2 db servers
    2. Install LS Retail
    3. Crete 2 DD Servers register them and start them.
    4. Create the Distrubutiuon location for the two databases(after you are done with the setup).
    5. Test the connection for the same and then replicate.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Instead of installing DD. You may also used the normal replication (this one do not used DD or Data Director). To setup this select the codeunit 99001484 istead of 99001466.
    Navision noob....
  • AbhishekAbhishek Member Posts: 68
    hi
    you can do easily on your Laptop.go through following step.....

1. Create two database.HO and store
    2. Create two DD.first DD will b default port but second DD will be diffrent port.
    Example...........
    go to Data Director setting

A.create DD_HO.add,register and next then you will see default port 16750 click next,next.....
    B. create DD_ST.add,register and next and here change the port 17750 or something else instead of 16750.next next ... and
    Run both DD

3. Go to host file and mention both DD.
    Example...

Machine IP DD_HO //for HO
    Machine IP DD_ST //for Store

4. Go to service file and mention port
    Example.......

DD_ST 17750/tcp

save and close.

5. check connection on both database
    and now your laptop is ready for demo.
    you can show everting with the help of this setup.means....

transaction Replicatio
    Purchase order replication
    All document replication
    all dayend process.....
    Note

for more information...
    mail me abhishek.s@teamcomputers.com
    or chat with me on skype abhishek.srivastava2007
    Abhishek Srivastava
    Technical Consultant
    New Delhi(India )
  • SimonWSimonW Member Posts: 77
    What we have done in the past is to create 2 classic DB services, running on different ports.
    Then we set-up 2 DD services to talk to the 2 databases
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    Abhishek instructions are very good.

If you would like something more formal, the LS documentation on the LS partner site has complete instructions.