Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
I have a question and need your professional advice. If we have order which is in back order, after we come back to this order later, the system will pop up warning message"This Order has been back ordered". How to accomplish this? Any good suggeston? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to think about something more "specific" that just "after we come back to this order later". E.g. if someone want to change something, or if press some button, or each time we see this order, the order date will be red etc. - I am not frend of messages popping-up each time you go over some record... it is just too much annoying for me (and for the users too) and everyone stop to read this message... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We do something similar. We added a boolean field to the Sales Header called "Backordered".

I Created two menu choices "Sales Orders" & "Backorders"
    On Push Action they both run FORM SALES ORDER.

on the RunFormView of "Sales Orders" I have Backordered=FILTER(No)
    & on the RunFormView of "backorders" I have Backordered=FILTER(YES)

What this does is virtually "MOVE" all backorders to the other form so they don't get "in the way" of regular orders ready to ship.

And to view all current backorders I just click the Backorders button & they all appear. Once the merchandise is received I can Uncheck the "Backordered" boolean and it "MOVES" back to active orders.

I hope that made sence. Works great though and easy to set up.

->Sales & Receivables
    --->Sales Orders
    --->Backorders
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Anyway to answer your question
    add Backorder to Sales header table as a boolean...
    Add it to the card so someone can check & uncheck it.

add to OnAfterGetCurrRecord() of the Sales Order Form
    IF Backorder
    THEN BEGIN
       MESSAGE('This order is currently on backorder')
    END;

But as stated you might find this annoying after a while.