are large and normally consist of Orders from a number of Vendors. The
company warehousing needs are minimum as 95% of orders are delivered direct
to the vendor. We are looking at a Navision solution and wandering if there
are any Granules that would fit an organization of this type
Appreciate your help
frank

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    I'm probably missing some information. But based on your description, your prospect can handle this in Navision out of the box.

Or is it more complicated than what you're describing?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It looks like 95 % will be Drop shipment, and for the rest is just Sales order and Purchase Order.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • FrankFFrankF Member Posts: 8
    It is a bit more complicated than first appears . The company uses ATP (Ability-to-promise) so will need to track orders placed to manufacturers and allocate to customers according to expected delivery dates etc. Also the company secures manufacturing of products in a number of countries and ships to customers around the Globe thus incurring freight charges, booth land and sea, duties, various VAT, Foreign exchange, Container volume limitations. Some customers are factored and some also belong to Buying groups which produce various pricing models. Also various commissions to sales men, buying groups etc
    It is not exactly a simple operation but also I suspect, not an unusual type of operation. Hopefully there is some Granule or third party product that is already geared to this type of business or as you suggested Navision out of the box will do the trick
    frank
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    To Increase advanced trade, check www.to-increase.com

Good luck.

Peter
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    A big componet of our business is just like this, the navision drop shipment worked well for a long time, but we recently added

this

http://www.costcontrolsoftware.com/Direct%20Purchasing.htm

it is a beefed up drop shipment add-on and it would work well for your needs, from the sound of it.
    Thanks Peter. I will take a look at "To-Increase" and try to find out what solutions they have to offer. Their website does not really give specifics on their solutions so have sent them an email enquiring. If you have any further info on their solutions or other solutions out there it would be appreciated

frank
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    that's right, you can request the full add-on.

Pre of to increase is that they are a committed ISV, and don't deliver solutions to end customers. Because they sell their add-ons worldwide, there is a big installed base and a professional release plan. There will be many other solutions in place, only most of the time from local vendors who would like to sell their add-ons abroad if they can...

Just for the record: I don't work at To Increase, we just sell their solutions... :lol:
    Thanks themave. I will take a look at costcontrolsoftware.com
    frank