daylight saving time problem..

bobyboby Member Posts: 78
Hello,
I've got a strange problem..

I track some infos in my orders concerning prestations (arrival,departure,meal,...). The fields are in datetime format.

During this Weekend, we changed hours from daylight saving time and monday morning, we noticed that all the previous datetime infos had lost one hour..

for example, 23/10/07 00:00 became 22/10 23:00, or 23/10/07 10:00 became 23/10/07 09:00

I've read in a help file this:
"The biannual change to and from daylight saving time affects the way in which datetimes are displayed. For example, if you are located in central Europe, you are in the central European time zone and are using Central European Time (CET). During the winter the difference between CET and UTC is 1 hour. When you change to daylight saving time for the summer the difference is 2 hours.

This means that the local time representation of a UTC will vary depending on the time zone you are located in and whether you are using daylight saving time or not. Therefore, any datetimes that were entered during the winter will be converted and displayed differently after you have changed to daylight saving time for the summer. In other words, datetimes will not necessarily be displayed the same as when they were entered."

Do you have an idea for correcting the date display?

Thanks

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) the data in table are not changed by this. It is just "visual" problem.
    2) It is why date and time as separate fields are used in many tables instead datetime fields (or all three are used).
    3) There is no easy general solution. Not good but working solution can be to not use daylight saving option in Windows and just shift the clock by one hour. It will not "recalculate" the old values in your DB....
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.