How to get the entered string before validating the field???

kgsinhakgsinha Member Posts: 67
Hi all,

I have taken a textbox, which is havking a text type variable as its source expression. Now i am entring some text value into this textbox. I have entered some text, Let's say "ABC", before validating the filed can i get the entered text . i.e. "ABC".
????
#-o :?: :?: :?:

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    what are you trying to do?

Where is the validating happening? All you did was enter text into a box.
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    You can access the information in the OnAfterInput trigger of the textbox on the form.

But if you're goal is to somehow circumvent what gets executed in the onvalidate code, you're going to down a bad path.

Are you trying to do something special with the user interface?
  • kgsinhakgsinha Member Posts: 67
    Actually, while entring some text in any field, i want to show the similar kind of data which is available in any table. this must be done before valdating the field.

for example, i have entered "A" in item no. field, before entering any next character in the field, i want to short all the items which start form A and show it in a form.
    BeforeInputChange trigger of text box gets excute as i make any entry into the textbox. this trigger will work, but HOW CAN GET THE VALUE WHICH I HAVE JUST ENTERED INTO THE FIELD.??????????? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

IS IT POSSIBLE?????
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    no it's not possible with standard nv. there is an example but it uses .net dll.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Please, think about the performance before you start doing such a things. It is same like "Find As you type" performance problems etc. It looks great but it is first thing you throw away when you need performance boost...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.