[RESOLVED] - Decimal Places problem - Should be Simple!!

ccbryan63ccbryan63 Member Posts: 115
Nav 4.0, SP3
In Sales Orders, client is unable to enter decimals in Quantity field. Error: "The field can have a maximum of 0 decimal places." When debugging, this error appears before hitting any triggers.

Table "Sales Line".Quantity decimal places property is 2:5 and in fact I can enter decimals if I run Sales Line table directly from the object designer. Further, I can change the table field property to 0:0 and get the exact same message as shown above when entering directly into the table.

Sales Order Subform "Quantity" field decimal places property is also 2:5. So what gives? Is there another property that controls the decimals? If it were a problem with the unit of measure or something it should get into code and be visible in debug, right?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    I would have said that maybe qty is validating some other field that does not allow decimals but you are saying you do not get anything in debugger so that is weird.
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to check "AutoFormatType" on the EditBox and Field.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ccbryan63ccbryan63 Member Posts: 115
    Bingo! The autoformat type property on the quantity field in the Sales Line Subform was set to 554000 or something. I cleared that to zero and voila!

Thanks Kine!

Chandler
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You are welcome! 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.