Migration 2.60 -> 5.0

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
This question (2.60 to 5.0) has been asked a lot of times, but I really didn't understand what is the right solution: Upgrade toolkit whitepaper suggest to do 2.60 -> 4.0 -> 5.0 but someone says that there must be an intermediate step: 2.60 -> 3.XX(I don't remember the right version) -> 4.0 -> 5.0

Other problem: the whitepaper suggest also to delete all the uniqueID of the 4.0 and import, but someone says that is not necessary...I'm really tired to search a solution and find only contrasting informations, so please give me THE solution!!thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Belias,

I am sorry to inform you, that THE single perfect, all including, method of upgrading does not exist. It all depends on the situation.

If you payroll in 2.6 you must perform additional steps during the upgrade.

Is your system heavily customized? Are you going from Native to SQL?
    How many companies? What is the size of your database? These are all factors that will influence your upgrade process.

I am doing an upgrade from 2.6 to 5.0 right now and I must say it has been a painful journey sofar. The upgrade toolkit is not entirely perfect.

My database is a 2.6 heavily customized, 15 companies and about 120Gb of data. And we are going from native to SQL.

The steps I took were 2.6 to 4.0 and then 4.0 to 5.0. You can also do 2.6 to 3.7 to 5.0. It is up to you.

So it is best to read Mibuso a lot, it helped me through these hard times \:D/

Regards,
    KYDutchie
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    thank you KY,
    fortunately my DB is not very customized (26 objs if I am correct), we are not migrating to sql and the db is not very big...maybe it will be an easier process than yours (a lot easier)...so, good luck to you! :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    hi!

where can i find the technical white papers???

we need them to migrate from 3.60 up to 5.00 and we found some ... problems

regards