Tiny Sub-Windows

LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
We run Navision 3.7 via Remote Desktop Terminal Sessions, across a VPN WAN. Many times, when a user gets timed out of their session, reconnects, the main application window opens up normally. But, all of the interior windows (e.g. Main Menu, or any other) open up sized about 2 cm high x 5 cm wide and must be manually resized.

What is causing this? How can I prevent it? It is especially aggravating for laptop users on the road, whose pointing devices aren’t as easy to use as a mouse.

Djaxn
Liberty Mountain IT Department

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Default window information should be got from ZUP file. Deleting ZUP file should solve that problem.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    We run Navision 3.7 via Remote Desktop Terminal Sessions, across a VPN WAN. Many times, when a user gets timed out of their session, reconnects, the main application window opens up normally. But, all of the interior windows (e.g. Main Menu, or any other) open up sized about 2 cm high x 5 cm wide and must be manually resized.

What is causing this? How can I prevent it? It is especially aggravating for laptop users on the road, whose pointing devices aren’t as easy to use as a mouse.

Djaxn
    Liberty Mountain IT Department

To me it looks like there is some setting in terminal server for a PDA. Do the users all have their own ZUP file configured for loggin in.

something like fin.exe ID=%USER%.zup

if not then if the last person to successfully log out was running a PDA, they may wreak havoc on the other users.
    David Singleton
  • LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    I didn't setup individual .ZUP files for each user. But, when I search the Terminal Server, there is a unique ZUP file in each person's c":\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Application Data" folder.

There *are not* any users using PDA's to connect to the Terminal Server. There *are* some laptops connecting to it.

We are connecting to the Terminal Server across a WAN. The Server is in Utah, USA. The clients are in Pennsylvania, USA.