Dest Dtabase Problem

akmanakman Member Posts: 67
Hello
I tried to test a Navision 4 database and on the secondary key test I got the following message.

The following SQL Error(s) occurred while accessing The Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry table: 1105,"42000"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not allocate Space for object 'MyCompany$379$4_tmp' in database 'MyDatabase' because the 'Data Filegroup 1' filegroup is full.
SQL: INSERT INTO "MyDatabase"."dbo"."MyCompany$379$4_tmp"("bucket","f9","f4","f3",,"f21","f22","f10","s7","s8","s18","s19")
SELECT 5,"f9","f4","f3",",",",SUM("s7"),SUM("s8"),SUM("s18"),SUM("s19") FROM "MyDatabase"."dbo"."MyCompany$379$4_tmp" WHERE "bucket"= 6 GROUP BY "f9","f4","f3".

Because I can not understand what this means can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    It looks to me like the file is at its maximum size. You can check this in Enterprise manager (SQL2000) by viewing the taskpad, this will give you a nice graphic display that shows you how much of the file is being used. In SQL Server Management Studio (SQL2005) you will need to run the 'disk usage' report for that purpose. Right click the database, Reports, Standard Reports, and the Disk Usage one should be right at the top.

To make room in the file you can expand the files manually or make sure the files are set to autogrow.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Check free disk space
    2) Check maximum DB file limits
    3) Check if you are not using MSDE and your file size is not 2GB.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • akmanakman Member Posts: 67
    I do not have SQL Server installed on this PC and while I am testing the DB it seems that I exceed the maximum size of the MSDE which is installed.
    I will install the SQL Server.
    Since it all started from this, does anybody know the importance of the "Test Database". What happens while the test is running?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    By "Test Database" you means the testing of the database (indexes, data, relations etc.)?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    MSDE has a maximum file size, I believe it was 2GB, so you would not be able to expand beyond that.
    With the installation of the SQL Server 2005 the problem solved.
    Now I have another problem :? .
    After 12 hours of the beginning of the test, it hasn't been completed yet. It is on 50%. The "Test field relationships between tables" is not included.
    The DB is almost 2 GB. Is this normal? If it is how long time do you think it will take?

Thanks
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if the only "unchecked" field is the one you said, the test will surely take a lot of time...until it goes, let it goes :D
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    a 2 GB database should not take 12 hours to complete the test. Are people logging into that database and using it while you are running the test?
    The DB is 3GB and people are not logging in.
    I left the test running and now,after 24 hours is at 72%.
    What do you think this means?
    That you have about 8 more hours to go? :-k

I'd have to know more about your set up, but it sure doesn't sound like normal to me.
    On what can you say that the time depends?
    on the amount of RAM, on your disk setup, on your CPU situation, network parameters.
    Hi,
    The process ended after 8 days successfully. I ran the process on a pc of 2gb of ram, amd athlon 64x2 dual core 3800+ processor, and a simple disk 7200.