Navision Communication Components

BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
Hi there.. I need a real examples of Navision Named Pipe Bus Adapter, MSMQ Bus Adapter, Navision Socket Bus Adapter.. I made a presentation of those components, but i need a real examples about where it can be used in our real processes...
If any ideas just help me.
Thanks.
Reagrds
MCSD
Attain Navision

Answers

• Yaroslav_GaponovYaroslav_Gaponov Member Posts: 158
    you better read C/SIDE Introduction book..(c) :lol:
  • rvduurenrvduuren Member Posts: 92
    Hello Becka,

I found some out of the box working examples..

Navision MSMQ Bus Adapter:
    Navision 4 ReportingServices 2005
    NAV Web Store - Code Samples

Navision Socket Bus Adapter:
    Solution for data communication with PHP

--> Search is your friend :)
    Met vriendelijke groet, best regards,

Rvduuren
  • BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
    [-X don't play with me like that.. 'caz i know that book by heart, and as i see i can't say the same 'bout you.. So if you have any interesting ideas just share with me, if you don't then just walk away... And no more your Ukrainian laugh 'caz it ain't funny...
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
    Man i know how does it work... But you know what , i just need examples where is it useful to use.. and all that stuff. I wanna understand it from point of effectiveness.. I know the inner structure of communication components, but i need somethin' more .. for example with Application Server we can use Navision Communication Component version 2.0 but in this case you can use only navision inner database.. but what if i wanna use SQL ... to say in short i need a documentation of it. But i don't know where to find..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi Becka,

when you install the communication components, a helpfile will be installed too. I found this "devguide.chm" pretty helpful.

Also there are a lot of examples on Mibuso. And a little hint: if you are going to use MSMQ please request hotfix KB932172. This will allow Navision to actually read the body of a message in the message queus.
    This apparently was an issue in versions 3.6 and higher. I struggled and doubted my code for weeks. ](*,)

We used this to setup a link between UPS/Fedex software and Navision.
    When the UPS and Fedex software write or updates a record in one of their database tables, a trigger will put the amount and Sales order number in the message queue. This will then be picked up by NAS and a codeunit, that will update the freight amount in the sales order.

We used it on a SQL database. There is no restriction on that, you can use the ComCom2 for both Native and SQL.

I will see if I still can find my code.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

KYDutchie
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
    Thanks KYDutchie.. I know 'bout help file.. I made presentation from this documentation..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    MSMQ usage example: connection between NAS and Webservice created through VS2005.

But, if you did the presentation, isn't it easy to think out some example of usage?

Another example - I am using MSMQ and Sockets to connect two NAV databases (central repository and development DB) and through XMLPorts I am exchanging data between them when needed.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.