Excel Row / Column Sizing

SteveSteve Member Posts: 81
We have a excel sheet that uses automation within Navision to create a sheet. We added an image field for the customer that is larger then the standard row / column height / width.

All the columns will be the same size, but larger (i.e. not the standard excel default).

The row however will need to be sized based on the data being sent out. So we would have

A1 - Standard height
A2 - Standard height
A3 - Adjusted height ( 3 times larger then standard excel default)

and then back to
A4 - standard.....and so on

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Most of the posts that I have read that might help you refer to using the Excel Macro feature to record what you want to have happen. Then translate it into c/al

Here's one for example:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4481

Sounds like what you need to have happen is

This for Columns:
    Cells.Select
        Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit

And/or
    This for Rows
    Cells.Select
        Cells.EntireRow.AutoFit

You can also search the forum for EXCEL & MACRO to see samples of how other got to do things they needed to do.

There's post's on Selection, Making Bold, Freezing Panes, etc.
  • SteveSteve Member Posts: 81
    Thanks 4 the help.

This works great for all the data sections, but not for the pictures that i sent from navi. Any ideas for sizing the cells for the images that lie above them? aut size doesn't seem to do the trick.

TKs again
    Steve
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    That's it for me, sorry. In fact I tried to something similar long ago.

I needed to export item info along with the item photo into excel for items based off of a filter. Say all items that start with "S" for example.

All worked great except for the picture part. I finally gave up fighting it and used Crystal Reports. to generate the report & then used the File->export->MS Excel->Application avaialable in Crystal.