Style Sheet toolkit 5.0

BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
We are using more and more the style sheet toolkjit to create word/excel documents for certain forms (pe. order confirmation, ...)

I have one thing that i didn't get working up to now.
When i set up a style sheet, based on pe. sales order header, i set up a multiple line record for sales order lines, and set the table relation, but only wants to have records of type item, how do i set up this table relation.

Same question, if pe as a table i want my vendor table but only the record of vendor L-001?

Rgds
Benny
Rgds
Benny Giebens

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Sometimes you need to change the appropriate codeunit to include more info from another tables. Look into the Stylesheet toolkit documentation.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • borjaghborjagh Member Posts: 19
    kine wrote:
    Sometimes you need to change the appropriate codeunit to include more info from another tables. Look into the Stylesheet toolkit documentation.

I think Benny wants to ask other thing, I want to ask it too.
    For example, I have a Sales Header and Lines Form. I'd like to send them to MS Word, but I need to do some multiline groups for the lines. First I need to show Lines of type Item, after that in the mail merge document, I have to show some fixed texts (they will be in the template), after that, I need to show other multiline group, now filtered by Type Account, and so on. I don't know if I can do these kind of things with the StyleSheetToolkit, I don't think so, at least until now. I cannot include "Sales Line" twice in the template, one with a filter, and the other with another filter.
  • borjaghborjagh Member Posts: 19
    BGI wrote:
    We are using more and more the style sheet toolkjit to create word/excel documents for certain forms (pe. order confirmation, ...)

I have one thing that i didn't get working up to now.
    When i set up a style sheet, based on pe. sales order header, i set up a multiple line record for sales order lines, and set the table relation, but only wants to have records of type item, how do i set up this table relation.

Same question, if pe as a table i want my vendor table but only the record of vendor L-001?

Rgds
    Benny

I could do these kind of things from XML, modifying the "for-each" line in XSLT StyleSheet, for example, changing
    <xsl:for-each select="Object/SalesLine/Data/Row">
    by
    <xsl:for-each select="Object/SalesLine/Data/Row[Type='Item']">

After that, reimport the new stylesheet and Update Manage Stylesheets .
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Hello,

I don't understand how to use an Excel Style Sheet / Document because it uses always Word when I click 'Open Mail Merge'.
    In the documentation isn't explained...?

Can someone explain?

Thank you

Andy
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    andy76 wrote:
    Hello,

I don't understand how to use an Excel Style Sheet / Document because it uses always Word when I click 'Open Mail Merge'.
    In the documentation isn't explained...?

Can someone explain?

Thank you

Andy

The Stylesheet tool only supports word stylesheets.
    For changing Excel stylesheets, you'll have to do this in notepad or whatever.. .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Sorry but I don't understand very well.
    What you mean by notepad? We have to create the XML Document? And the template XLS?
    In the documentation is written then this toolkit makes easy also Excel as word.
    Do you have some example?

Thank you very much
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    The toolkit does not support excel stylesheets yet (it will in the future, I suppose).

When you click on the "Send Options" button, then on Tools / Manage Stylesheets, select the stylesheet you want to export / Functions - Export.

It is going to create a xslt file that you can edit in e.g. notepad or Visual studio or whatever.

With this window, you can also import the excel stylesheets you might have built.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog