VAT Setup for Belgium and Luxemburg

lnieuwenburglnieuwenburg Member Posts: 3
I'm trying to setup the VAT for Belgium and Luxemburg in a English template for my customer.
However (even Microsoft) cannot help me. They don't work with the localized version of that country. Can anyone help me to achieve this?

Ik moet in een Engelse wetgeving (Database) verschillende company's van BTW Setup voorzien. Elke company is een land. Echter men werkt niet met lokalisaties dus moet er handmatig voor Belgie en Luxemburg een BTW setup opgezet worden. Wie kan mij hiermee helpen?

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    You can download the localized cronus database and it should have that information of it?

What do you mean by VAT setup in an english template do you mean the VAT setup posting groups or the VAT statement ?
  • rsnavrsnav Member Posts: 5
    Could you describe somewhat more detailed where your problem is?

VAT in Belgium can be 0, 6 or 21%
    VAT in Luxemburg can be 0, 3, 6, 12 or 15%
  • lnieuwenburglnieuwenburg Member Posts: 3
    Every company must have the proper connections after booking the journals and invoices for attending and making the VAT procedure to the TAX office. I'm a dutch guy who knows little about the Belgium and Luxemburg VAT law. I know there are localised versions of Navision. But because the program has only the English templates I think it will allmost impossible to implement this for Belgium and Luxemburg uses. And later on Russia,Switzerland,France,Germany,Hungary,Poland,Tsjech etc will come. All on the English database with different company's. THe VAT codes are not the problem. But how to setup this all up that all the journals and invoices will go correctly to the proper VAT group defined by BElgium or Luxemburg VAT law.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Correct me if i am wrong but you are running on a GB or WWW1 english database but having multiple companies which repreesent a country of operation?

Setting up the VAT set EG VAT PRODUCT group should be straight forward no matter what language it is unless you are trying to use RIM in 5.0

VAT Bus. Posting Group VAT Prod. Posting Group VAT Identifier VAT % VAT Calculation Type Sales VAT Account Purchase VAT Account Reverse Chrg. VAT Acc.
    NO VAT NO VAT 0 Normal VAT
    VAT17 VAT17 0 Normal VAT
    VAT5 VAT5 0 Normal VAT
    EU NO VAT NO VAT 0 Normal VAT 5610

otherwise if you mean reporting the VAT to the goverment then see below

I think this is what you may want i found these on partner source under tax updates for belium and luxemborg

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

facilitate the automatic reading of the Belgian legal reports, the Belgian Government has proposed a new lay-out for the Periodic Vat declaration form – model 625 (report 11307), the Quarterly declaration exempt Intercommunity deliveries – model 723 (report 19) and the Annual VAT listing – model 725 (report 11308).

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

As of the first of January 2008, all Belgian companies are obliged to use the Enterprise Number as only reference in their communications with the Belgian government.

We already implemented the first part of the use of the Enterprise Number in NAV. Unfortunately, during the first implementation, not all the information was available, that’s why we need this second modification to guarantee a consequent use of the enterprise number in NAV.
    There are no modifications regarding the Belgian Branch Number