Options

NEP and BN on one PC!

GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
edited 2008-06-04 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi fellow Mibuso users!

I have succefully installed BN, with a whole lot of help from different threads here on Mibuso. Thanks to everyone that have given me help :)

Now I have a new, related, problem!

I am installing Employee Portal to connect with a Sharepoint site so the business users can use QA through WSS instead of using up a bunch of Nav licenses.

After installing and setting up NEP I got a response from the request queue, but still getting the famous error mess from the WSS web part "Communication error (10114): No reply received from Back End System (Time Out).".

I have gone through all settings and making sure that I haven't forgotten something, but!!! While doing this I started up the Business Notification Manager and was just going to make sure it was still working and to my surprise (not) I was not able to connect to the server! I got the error message that the BNM "Cannot connect to the server...".

Then I searched Mibuso and found one post in a thread

http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... c2d3106b82

saying that maybe it isn't such a good idea to install BN and NEP on the same machine! Is there anyone that has any experince with this and can give some insight, pointers, or otherwise help me? I am now uninstalling first NEP, then WSS to troubleshoot where BN is crashing.

/Andreas

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I know that BN are source of problems with NTimer automation in NAV. It seems that it is just a part of libraries which are in conflict between BN and rest of NAV world.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    I know that BN are source of problems with NTimer automation in NAV. It seems that it is just a part of libraries which are in conflict between BN and rest of NAV world.

Hi!

Can you please be more specific? I am not a Navision expert, nor an programmer - the only thing I am doing in this project is installing and configuring Business Notifications and Employee Portal with Sharepoint! But I am slowly learning bits and pieces of Navision.

/Andreas
  • Options
    In general: there are problems when BN is installed on server where some NAV functionality is using Timer (e.g. some Application server running some scheduled jobs etc.) - in this case the timer is not working. May be that some other problems can be there with connection to SharePoint. Basically for each "server" is recommended the dedicated HW (Yes, it is not cheap, but...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Godmorning!
    kine wrote:
    In general: there are problems when BN is installed on server where some NAV functionality is using Timer (e.g. some Application server running some scheduled jobs etc.) - in this case the timer is not working. May be that some other problems can be there with connection to SharePoint. Basically for each "server" is recommended the dedicated HW (Yes, it is not cheap, but...)

Ah! That was my very first thought when the company first talked about putting more functions on the sql server! Yesterday I made a decision regarding any solutions about having NEP and BN on the same server and I am now going to install them on two servers, having the BN on the mailserver instead. It is a whole lot faster for me to fix then to trying to go around the current problem and make it work as it is now.

Thanks for the input.

/Andreas
  • Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    I am getting this error:
    Communication error (10121): Unable to write to job queue. FormatName:DIRECT=OS:SANDEEPPC\private$\nep_request_queue

Any idea ,how to solve it?
  • Options
    aliennav wrote:
    I am getting this error:
    Communication error (10121): Unable to write to job queue. FormatName:DIRECT=OS:SANDEEPPC\private$\nep_request_queue

You asked your question in other threads. No need to repeat it. Stop hijacking threads about something other.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    aliennav wrote:
    I am getting this error:

Try using the IP adress instead, that has worked for me!

/Andreas
  • Options
    katja1989katja1989 Member Posts: 21
    Gnovald wrote:
    aliennav wrote:
    I am getting this error:

Try using the IP adress instead, that has worked for me!

/Andreas

same problem here ...

which queue path do you set "FormatName:DIRECT=OS:SANDEEPPC\private$\nep_request_queue"? the one in navision?

and how to change the path under "manage -> services and applications -> message queuing -> private queues"

NEED HELP plz!