NAV and Microsoft Exchange - problem with tasks and contacts

McWolfMcWolf Member Posts: 15
Hi.

I have a problem with conception of integration Microsoft Dynamics NAV SP3 with Microsoft Exchange.

Customer has 40 salespersons. They work at home and use MS Outlook on their PCs. The customer wants to use Relationship Management module with MS Outlook integration. MS Outlook can connect to the MS Exchange in Intranet and over Internet. Salespersons work at home, so MS Outlook connects to the MS Exchange over Internet. Navision client is able to connect to the NAV server over Internet in VPN, but the connection performance is owful. In this situation salesperson could make the contacts or tasks integration between NAV and Outlook, but it takes him very much time. Is any other way to integrate NAV and Outlook over Internet. E-mails can be tracked in Exchange from NAV directly, but tasks and contacts not. Is any standard solution to integrate NAV and Exchange excluding Outlook?

I don't know, if it's clear, but I think, this situation should be very common.

Thank you for every advice and tip,

Best regards,

McWolf.

Comments

• tabularasatabularasa Member Posts: 22
    I have a similar problem so all help or pointing to resources would be very much appreciated.
  • Cali_KoppersCali_Koppers Member Posts: 19
    Have you tried putting Outlook in the same environment as Nav? For example, if you RDP to Nav, Outlook should be accessed that way, not through the desktop.