Menu Items on a menu button

mikelaceymikelacey Member Posts: 15
Hello,

I am running Navision GB v4. On the Purchase Invoice Form 51, there is a menu button "Invoice" with "Invoice Authorisation Slip" as an available option. When this option is selected a report request form is automatically brought up containing filters Purchase Header.No. and Purchase Header.Document Type populated with the fields from the Invoice.

I would like this functionality copied over to a button on the Purchase Orders Form 50. However I do not know what drives this menu item on the invoice to run that report and use those filters. When I look at the menu items on the invoice from designer...there is nothing in either the Action or RunObject column for Invoice Authorisation Slip.

Please help!!

Thank you,
Mike

Comments

• BluefingerBluefinger Member Posts: 20
    mikelacey wrote:
    Hello,

When I look at the menu items on the invoice from designer...there is nothing in either the Action or RunObject column for Invoice Authorisation Slip.

Mike

so it must be in the code. Select this option in the menu designer and press F9. It should be right there.
  • mikelaceymikelacey Member Posts: 15
    Ah....when I try this nothing happens! Maybe it is because there is code in there, but I cannot view it with our licence restrictions! I know that I cannot design CodeUnits on this licence for instance.

Thank you for your help - has saved me time searching around any further!
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Hi Mike firstly i would suggest this has an customisation as there is no such feature in standard GB and i checked from 4.0 - 5.0.

So its probably easier to find out who originally did it and identify the code used then you can copy that
  • mikelaceymikelacey Member Posts: 15
    Hi - yes I think this was customisation done by our Navision support partners. I'll contact them and ask the question...I was hoping to be able to make the change myself copying what they had done (no deveoplment fee to pay then!)...unfortunatley doesn't look like I'm going to be able to.