Problems with Transfer Order posting / split lines in ILE

ottobeottobe Member Posts: 67
Using Navision 3.70 a customer have an occational problem regarding posting of TO's. When shipping the TO some lines are split in 2, sometimes 3 lines in the ILE. Example: Shipping quantity 10 of some items on one TO line (and 1 corresponding ILE line on shipping location) sometimes results in in 2 ILE lines IN TRANSIT with total quantity 10. I am not sure, but this might be related to the invoiced quantity on the PO the TO line originates from.

When receiving the TO the posting fails because the posting routine only finds one of the TO lines. That is, the quantity at Location IN TRANSIT is found to be that of one of the shipped lines, not the sum of them as is to be received on the TO line. Some times it helps to post the TO two times, other times I have to edit the ILE to fix the problem. (Which I do not like to much)

Any suggestion/ explaination of this??

Comments

• darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Namaste !

when T.O is posted as shipped, system creates a two item ledger entries(ILE)
    -ve at From location and +ve at in transit location.

If you are using Item tracking.

e.g Item A = 10 pcs
    Lot X= 5 nos, Lot Y = 5 nos

then system will create 4 ILE. 2 entries for every Lot of Item A.

But this will not at all create a problem while posting T.O as received.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you using MS SQL? I guess yes...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ottobeottobe Member Posts: 67
    Yes, I am running SQL, but do not think this causes any problem.

Regarding number of lines:
    It creates two, sometimes tree lines IN TRANSIT out of one line at Transfer-from Location when shipping. These are positive adjustnmment lines. I am holding the negativ lines out of this.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I remember problems of 3.70 on MS SQL when NAV didn't see some entries in DB and is creating more entries that is correct. Solution was to set some flag in the db_property table. If you search the mibuso, the SQL query is somewhere there.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.